Twos to Pre-Kindergarten
Grace Church School actively encourages a diverse educational community. We welcome children of all faiths, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, and family structure
Grace Church School is committed to making preschool a viable option for all. Financial Aid is available and awarded on the basis of need and availability of funds.
Applications for 2024-2025 will be available online beginning Wednesday, September 6, 2023. If you are interested in the 2023-2024 school year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to a large number of sibling applicants, new families are typically offered afternoon placement.
- Completed applications, including a non-refundable application fee of $75 and family photo, must be submitted online through the TADS platform by Monday, October 16, 2023.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, please stay tuned via email for more information on adult Open Houses in October and November and family Play Visits in January.
- Notification will be emailed on January 26, 2024 for Special Consideration applicants (see below) and in March 2024 for all other applicants. Reply deadlines are February 2, 2024 and March 2024, respectively.
- Please note that children attending Grace Church School must be up-to-date with immunizations. Only medical exemptions will be accepted.
- All age-eligible children are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide proof of vaccination.
We offer special consideration to children who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Sibling of a child enrolled at Grace Church School or who attended Grace Church School until kindergarten
- Child of a Grace Church School alumni who attended Grace Church School until kindergarten
- Child of a Grace Church School staff member
- Child of a Grace Church Brooklyn Heights parish member (eligibility for consideration as a parish member is determined by Grace Church)
- AND must indicate a preference for early notification and commitment on the application
Admission decisions are ultimately at the discretion of the Director. We are committed to strengthening diversity and maintaining a balanced, quality educational experience. Therefore, special consideration eligibility does not guarantee admission to the school.
All parents, including parents of applicants whose siblings attend or have attended Grace Church School, must request an application online.
- Eligible families who choose to apply under special consideration will be notified on January 26, 2024. If offered admission, a commitment, with a contract and deposit, is due by February 2, 2024. Eligible families may instead opt for the larger, general applicant pool with notification in March 2024.
The primary point of entry to the preschool is the Twos program.
- Applicants for the Twos/Threes Program beginning in September 2024 must be two by August 31, 2024 (the applicant’s birth date must fall between September 1, 2021 and August 31, 2022).
- Applicants for the Threes/Fours Program beginning in September 2024 must be three by August 31, 2024 (the applicant’s birth date must fall between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021).
- Applicants for the Fours/Fives (Pre-Kindergarten) Program beginning in September 2024 must be four by August 31, 2024 (the applicant’s birth date must fall between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020).
Grace Church School offers a Together Time program for children not yet old enough for preschool. Enrollment in this program does not constitute enrollment in the pre-school; you will need to apply separately for admission into the Twos or Threes program. See information on Together Time, including how to apply.
Grace Church School is committed to making pre-school a viable option for all. Financial Aid is available for students from Twos through Pre-Kindergarten and is awarded on the basis of need and availability of funds.
On your application, please indicate if you are interested in applying for Financial Aid. The deadline for applying for Financial Aid is Monday, December 4, 2023 for returning and special consideration families and Monday, January 11, 2024 for general applicant families.
Grace Church School sets aside 6% of its tuition income for financial aid each year. In addition, thanks to a generous gift in memory of former Grace Church School teacher, Betty McDonald, the School is also able to award financial aid each year from the Betty McDonald Scholarship Fund.